Happy Fourth of July everyone! I started the day off by waking up at 5:45 am. I showered got ready for the parade and finished making our cinnamon rolls we made for our family at the parade, and started watching my favorite fourth of july movie, "1776".
here's a song from it, one of my favorites out of the film.
Mike, Roscoe and I walked down to the parade at about 820. got there in plenty of time to get roscoe all settled. He actually surprised the both of us, he was SO SO good with all the little kids around. I'm very proud of him for being so well behaved. :) the parade was great too!
After the parade mike and i pretty much destroyed his car, taking parts from it to add to our new car, since we decided his car isn't worth fixing. we brought it all over to my dads house. We hung out over there and worked on the cars and the boat then went in to grab a sandwich then we headed down to the river to check out all the fourth of july booths. :)
After waiting all day the fireworks finally started at 10pm. I finally got to watch the fireworks with my love. oh and mike and i have started our own family tradition, that we buy a BIG bag of tootsie rolls to share with everyone while watching the fireworks. :)
I give my dad the credit for starting it, last year when we were house siting for him and my step mom over the fourth, he had left us a giant bag of tootsie rolls. now it just doesn't seem the same without them. :) (picture fron last year, my camera had died by the time the fireworks started)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment